Case of the Nobodys_Part I : The Blogger

Fenix Nuvo.







A self-feature seems a little pretentious, but if one does not step outside they shall not feel the sun, it takes a lot to be discovered thus I took to discovering myself.
The facts: Tebesutfu Nkambule, 19 years of age, Swaziland born and raised, Cape Town resident.

Why blogging? What does blogging mean to you?
Being a "blogger" seems to be like bringing sand to the beach, there's so many of "us" now..whether we are what we say we are or we're just riding the wave. Blogging is the definition of creative freedom for me.. it's the grey area, or the intersection of all the creative professions: writing, music, fine art, because anything goes,its all about expressing my opinion on the subject at hand. And the important part is formulating an opinion worth expressing..blogs are the perfect outlet for overactive minds,my thoughts are sometimes too much for my own mind and too extensive to write down by hand in a journal..

How did you get to starting a blog and how do you go about it's maintenance?
My cousin Notsile introduced me to Tumblr once upon a day,but at first I would just watch her blog- it took quite the bit of courage and time for me to start my own because it is quite the commitment. As for maintenance, it takes dedication to oneself, a strong sense of individuality is necessary cause it correlates to the originality of the blog. You gotta know who you are and do you. Always!

What are your favourite blogs?
I definately look up to Nyne of nynelyvves.tumblr.com. I love how she isn't your typical "cool kid", she uses her influence to sensitize her peers and positively develop her community. 
I also love salbagoldensense.blogspot.com and thecapitalofcool.blogspot.com. Totally unique and on point, they inspire me on the daily.

Any plans or aspirations for your blogging endeavors?
Definately. Never thought it was viable but I've learnt there are ways to get paid of this business (eg,advertising)..so next step is going pro I suppose,haha. But more seriously and importantly, the improvement of my blog is integral to my own personal growth..so I'm planning on developing my skill sets in areas such as photography, journalism and music..and expanding my travels. 

So there we have it.. it isn't all about exposure, but this is the red paint with which I mark my X on the earth's surface. As aforementioned, let it be that there are millions of supposed bloggers, we're all just tryna express our newly found hidden talents..and use them to inspire and uncover talents in others. All in all, Fenix's purpose is to acquire enough influence to affect and effect positivity and creativity in the world. 
Good luck to her!!




Comments

Popular Posts