#VisualDelight_Gotye_Somebody That I Used to Know


Man I miss my alternative days before the evil clutches of hiphop gagged me with a chloroform cloth and dragged me into the alleys...

 Heard this song out shopping and I had to track it down, only to find this lovely little video it has. The concept is intriguing, as the song title suggests, I do indeed get the sense of the idea of somebody that used to be prominent to you fade into the background and basically become the wallpaper as they drift to the negligible fringes of your life... as he gets painted over with the geometric natural palette such that only the scraggly brown hair and piercing blue eyes is all is left to define him. And her. Gotye and Kimbra both have strikingly voices that complement each other perfectly creating haunting chords that cement themselves to your memory.

And I love the little under-note of "baa baa black sheep..have you any wool?.." Or is it just me?

Comments

  1. (RE:And I love the little under-note ...) No, I just listened to tha song, it's not just you, great observation lol, I wouldve never realised that :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts