#AudioDelight_Median, The Sender

Median_Bright Individual

On replay all week, Median's most recent release The Sender. I ought to put it out there that Median had me hooked since I first heard the most honest rendition to life's pressures and paradigms ever from a rapper- How Big is Your World. It was the vulnerability and consciousness of things such as realizing the importance of education yet acknowledging its depreciation and underestimation what with the glamorous lifestyles people seem to obtain without it, to global warming, to managing the coexistence of one's many personalities..damn. All that in one song. Needless to state I relate a lot to such content, the essence of music is relation and it's ability to be a soul's only true friend.

But back to the matter at hand, I was pleased upon opening this folder on Media Player, that he ain't changed one bit. "To the gift of giving, the pleasure of pleasing, and receiving..." That known refrain. Typical Median, not the cool kid but with rhymes fresher than most. I would guess that to most, his appeal seemingly lies in playing understudy to Phonte (who has had more general exposure in the game). However, to me, that's the realness; the true story between the lines... I love his essence of seeming green and ripe at the same time. But whatever the corporate issues are behind the scenes (if any), on the mic, he's as legit. The partnership is complimentary in fact.

The beats are characteristic back-alley-way-feel; cuts and mixes, vintage snares and genius samples, with a few smoother than usual tunes, but still staying true to the perspective. The lyrics steady on their technical, intellectual, modest and inspirational tip. I had no expectations for this project so there are no disappointments.

Love it.

And Bright Individual's my damn jam.

Comments

Popular Posts